The application period for the 2013-2014 school year is now closed.
Gateway Approved for NJ School Choice
Want to see it for yourself? Announcing Shadowing Dates:
11/19/12, 11/27/12, 12/4/12, and 12/11/12.
For an opportunity to get to know Gateway a little better, email Carol O'Connell.
Gateway continues to be a NJ choice district for the 2013-2014 school year.. The New Jersey Interdistrict School Choice program provides the opportunity for non-resident students to attend Gateway Regional High School at no cost to their parents/guardians. The School Choice program covers grades seven through twelve.
Visit the Department of Education School Choice Web Page, for more information.
Please Note: Due to Hurricane Sandy the deadline for the "Notification of Intent to Participate" has been extended to 11/16/2012.
Parents who want to participate in this program are required to notify their current district of residence by November 16, 2012. The "Notification of Intent to Participate" must be sent to the home district of anyone interested in attending Gateway in grades 7 through 12. The Notification of Intent must be sent via certified mail with a receipt from the school that they received this request. It may also be delivered by hand.
Please take a moment to review Gateway's NJ School Choice Brochure -updated 10/17/12
Gateway High School offers:
- A low student - teacher ratio to provide maximum advantages to students
- A friendly and supportive environment
- Challenging academic courses, four world languages, and a variety of AP Courses
- Diverse athletic & extracurricular activities
- An Education Academy
- Award winning Technology Education, as well as advanced training in food preparation, textiles, and fashion design
- Exemplary music and theater opportunities
Students interested in attending for the 2013 - 2014 school year must:
- Send a “Notification of Intent to Participate in the School Choice Program” to their home district by November 16, 2012 via certified mail.
- Complete and submit an application by December 3, 2012 to:
Gateway Regional School District
Attn: School Choice Program - Carol O'Connell
775 Tanyard Avenue
Woodbury Heights, New Jersey 08096
Seats Available for 2013-2014 School Year