Please Note: Information for the 2015/2016 application cycle is now open.
As information is available, Gateway will distribute. Any perspective parents looking to obtain information should contact Carol O'Connell at email@example.com.
Students interested in shadowing for the day at Gateway must contact Carol O'Connell to schedule a visitation on November 19th or December 17th.
Gateway: A NJ School Choice District - Click for the district's School Choice Profile *updated 11/4/2014*
Gateway continues to be a NJ choice district for the 2015-2016 school year.. The New Jersey Interdistrict School Choice program provides the opportunity for non-resident students to attend Gateway Regional High School at no cost to their parents/guardians. The School Choice program covers grades seven through twelve.
1. Notice of Intent to Participate Forms - "If your student is currently registered with his/her resident district, complete the Notice of Intent to Participate Form, submit it to your resident district by December 1, 2014 and obtain a signed receipt acknowledging that you submitted the form. Keep the receipt for your records. By law, a resident district must be informed if a student intends to participate in the choice program."
2. This link will assist parents and students with the Application Process.
3. Transportation Notice: When making your decision, please be aware that transportation may not be provided for your student. Depending on the circumstances, the resident district may provide aid in lieu of transportation. (Visit the NJ Department of Education’s transportation procedures for more information.)
To request reimbursement from your child's home school district download the Parent Request for Transportation Reimbursement from home school district form.
Visit the Department of Education School Choice Web Page, for more information.
Parents who want to participate in this program are required to notify their current district of residence by December 1, 2014. The "Notification of Intent to Participate" must be sent to the home district of anyone interested in attending Gateway in grades 7 through 12. The Notification of Intent must be sent via certified mail with a receipt from the school that they received this request. It may also be delivered by hand.
Gateway High School offers:
- A low student - teacher ratio to provide maximum advantages to students
- A friendly and supportive environment
- Challenging academic courses, four world languages, and a variety of AP Courses
- Diverse athletic & extracurricular activities
- An Education Academy
- Award winning Technology Education, as well as advanced training in food preparation, textiles, and fashion design
- Exemplary music and theater opportunities
Students interested in attending for the 2015 - 2016 school year must:
- Send a “Notification of Intent to Participate in the School Choice Program” to their home district by December 1, 2014 via certified mail.
- Complete and submit an application by December 1, 2014 to:
Gateway Regional School District
Attn: School Choice Program - Carol O'Connell
775 Tanyard Avenue
Woodbury Heights, New Jersey 08096